Monday, November 14, 2005

UNDER THE RADAR - MURI Research

I thought you'd enjoy this. I call this a below the radar release.

On p. 28 of a recent NSF publication on a meeting I attended in December 03 (yeah, that's right '03).

"The Department of Defense is supporting a Multiidisciplinary University Research Initiative (MURI) program to create predictive models for cellular response to nanoparticles of varying size, shape, charge, and composition and their influence on the cellular, sub-cellular, and biomolecular levels. This research is creating a significant body of knowledge of reactions between nanoscale materials and biological materials."

Recently, I learned The PIs are Gunter Oberdorster and Jacob Finkelstein (both from the University of Rochester). I was reminded that both are highly regarded and doing some very important work.

1 comment:

Home Based Business Opportunity Seeker said...

Excellent blog. Your site was great and will be
finding it again!  I surf the net for blogs like
yours.
I will give you access to jump to my home based business opportunity 1 blog.